I considered titling this edition For the Gentleman, until I
quickly realized that every male is definitely not refined. And For the Man just seemed too unoriginal. So I decided on For the Jolly Joe because it cheesily makes me laugh, and it’s true that any average Joe is going to be jolly over a great present. In reality, who wouldn’t be? And perhaps that certain joyful feeling is inspired by a gift that’s featured below.
1. I’ve never seen The Godfather Trilogy, which may be a crime in itself, but true fans would consider at least the first film a classic. The Godfather Family Album by Paul Duncan And Steve Shapiro gives behind the scenes glimpses into this movie masterpiece.//
2. Grooming is important, and L’Occitane is one of skincare’s ultimate brands. A Man’s Ritual is a limited-edition set filled with the best of the best, including shaving gel, shower gel, and after-shave balm. The scent – described as “aromatic and spicy” – takes inspiration from Provence, France.//
3. Ray-Ban is a brand that embodies cool. You can’t go wrong with gifting their classic “Clubmaster” sunglasss style.//
4. How cool is this digital print? Well it’s a chart too, which depicts 89 varieties of beer with over 200 representative quaffs. Perfect for the beer lover in your life…or above your own bar.//
5. Speaking of drinks, a phone case with a built-in bottle opener is actually genius. This case – offered in black and white – is available for the iPhone.//
6. For he who loves to grill, you can’t beat the very clever Swashbuckling BBQ Sword.//
7. I recently bought The North Face’s ‘Etip’ glove, and I’m proof that not everything is all for the boys. Actually, this is why someone invented unisex products. Regardless, these gloves are my new staple for winter commuting, and they really do work for texting
or Facebook and Twitter stalking.//
8. Every man needs a weekend bag, and a backpack from high school is no longer acceptable. The options from Jack Spade are endless, and his Nylon Wing Duffle is a personal favorite.//
9. I don’t believe that anyone – especially a man – could honestly deny the enjoyable feeling of luxurious sheepskin-lined slippers. Thanks to UGG, this comfort can become a reality with their Ascot Suede Slipper//.
10. If you’re on the hunt for a more active gift, I’ve heard great feedback about the Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Tracker. It’s basic, but it still tracks steps, distance, and calories burned, all the while showing progress versus daily goals.//
Can’t get enough?